SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balance Series 377

A home owner from Port St Lucie says:
The channel balance measures at 18 1/2" long. But the number imprinted on it says 1820. We are trying to figure out which one we should purchase to match this item.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. We could custom make a balance that is 18-1/2" long. Can you just tell me how many you need? Can you also triple check to be sure that this is the right length for the metal channel? Custom made balances cannot be returned if they are incorrect, so it's always best to be 100% sure.
A contractor from Port St Lucie, FL says:
This is a rental property for us. Thy balance did measure 18 1/2", but wouldn't a standard 18" balance work?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
An 18" balance may be too short. Based on your stamp, I suspect your original balance was 19" long and cut down to 18-1/2". The installers may have had a good reason for doing so, but I simply can't know. In these situations we always recommend sticking with what you have now. If you can tell me how many you need I can send you an order form and price quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)