Channel Balance Shoes and Tops

A home owner from Colorado says:
Hello,

Attached are 4 picture angles of the shoe on a channel balance for an Alenco window, and also 1 picture of the balance top. I have other angles of the tops available.

Please let me know if you can identify this shoe / top and if any of the shoes and tops you stock may be able to work. I can get other pictures in the window, etc.

My concern with the shoes you have in stock is they have a "groove" or "cut-out" where as on my shoe that space is solid. Hope that makes sense.

Please let me know if you may be able to help, there are many windows in the house that need new balances. Thanks! Lee B.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Whether a shoe is solid or not shouldn't affect how the window works. Our 15-002 (with a 1" depth) should work in its place, assuming the dimensions match. See our S351-28 and just double check to make sure everything matches.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for your reply. My balance's shoe dimensions are closer to 15-003. Should I order a custom balance with 15-003 shoe or are the S351-28's worth a try? Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you sure you have the 15-003? Your shoe's depth is 1-1/16" while the 15-003's depth is 1-3/16". It's also not that common.

To be honest, I think your shoe is more like our 15-001. I just believe it's been worn down a little over time from 1-1/8" to 1-1/16". That's a common occurrence. Personally, I think the S390-28 is closer than the S351-28, but it's up to you!

If you really think you have the 15-003, I can make a custom balance for you, but I would triple check that. I think you're mistaking the length on the 15-003 (which is 1-1/16") for the same measurement as the depth of your shoe. The corresponding measurement on your shoe is 1-1/4", which is certainly a big difference!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.