Channel Balance for non tilt window.

A landlord from Gilbert, AZ says:
I need 2 channel balance for a non tilt window, width is 1/2" & length is 31" from end to end of metal case. Numbers & letters on case are 30 4 HV CMC 7. The bottom shoe is 1 1/8". See photos provided.
Please provide me with the cost for 2. Do the parts come with instruction on how to install them?
Thank you, Cecelia Taylor
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for posting. I need to figure out what that bottom shoe is. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
A landlord from Gilbert, AZ says:
Hi Tom. Thanks for your reply to my request. I guess I'm requesting the wrong thing. What I'm looking for is the complete set which includes not only the channel balance but the metal frame, spring, etc. The spring in the metal case in my photo doesn't work. I want to replace the metal frame (that includes all the parts) on both sides of the window.I'm a single woman who is disabled and a first time landlord. Do you make/sell the complete set that is already assembled & ready to install? I'm sorry for the confusion but I thought the channel balance came with the frame & other parts. Please let me know asap. Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Our balances do come complete, however before I can determine what to suggest for you I need to know what bottom shoe you have. I cannot tell what it is based on your images, so you will have to compare the measurements in my post above to your own hardware. Once I know which shoe is a better fit, we can work from there.
A quick learner from Gilbert, AZ says:
The bottom shoe has the measurements of 1 1/8" like the 15-001 but the shape is a little different than the one I have.
In the example photo, from the top of the point to the bottom (1")is not like mine. In the example the bottom part shown below the 1" mark looks wider & more rounded. The one I have is straight from the point to the bottom & then it's round. I don't know if this makes a difference or not but I want to make sure I get the right one.
Profile picture of Tom
The shape of your shoe is close enough to ours that I don't think it will matter. Lots of different manufacturing companies have made this shoe, and while their molds are a little different it's still the same shoe. The most important thing is that the dimensions match, especially the depth. If your depth is 1-1/8", then the 15-001 is the way to go.

The replacement balance you need is our S395-31 with the 3040 option. Let me know if you have any further questions.
A quick learner says:
I'm leaving today for a week. When I get back I'll place my order.
Thanks again for your help.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.