SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balance replacement part

A home owner from USA says:
My 1997 vinyl window is from Weathervane window company in Kirkland Wa, (out of business). I assume it is best to replace both sides when doing the repair?

Thank you
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Yes, you want to replace both balances at the same time. See our S385-14 to start out and see how well out information matches up to your balance.
A quick learner says:
Looks good. I will give it try and order two. Thanks for providing this great service
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
My pleasure! Thank you for the order. Let me know if you'd like anything else.
A quick learner from seattle says:
How do I know what option to select for the S385-14. the only stamp I have is in the picture above, 13 3 AQ. The movable window is 32" x 18" Vinyl with insulated glass
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi, You most likely need the S385-14 with 1330 stamp option. To check, weight the window sash.
A 1330 stamp will carry a window sash weight range of 9 though and including 11 pounds.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)