Channel Balance and Shoe

A home owner says:
I need to purchase channel balance for NuPrime Seasonall non-tilt window.

The length of the channel from one end to the other, not including the top attachment and bottom shoe, is 28.5 inches with marking 2820.

The one closest product is S390-29 based on measurements of the shoe. Attached are pictures of the shoe at different angles.

Your shoe part 15-001 look different but the dimensions are close. Your shoe part 15-050 looks more like what we have. Can you tell me if S390-29 is the correct part for us.

I attach also pictures of clips on the face of the window. Do they need replacing? Clips on other windows do not see the silver metal on the bottoms. I could not find something similar on your website.

Thank you.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I wouldn't worry about the appearance so much. What's important are the dimensions. If the 15-001 matches the dimensions of your shoe more closely, I would go with that.

I'm not sure about that clip. I've never seen anything like that either. I recommend testing them out and see how they pop out.
A home owner says:
Can you please confirm that S390-29 is correct part for me (the length of the metal part is 28.5") since I just read a response to another thread that the aluminum part of channel balance he needed replacing was 27.5" and it was suggested that it be custom ordered. I believe S390-29 should be fine since my broken channel balance had already fallen/dropped an inch when I pulled it out from the window, as if the balance could have been 29". The sash was still hanging, though slightly off kilter.

Or I should order the shorter S390-28 with 2730 stamp to correspond to sash weight of the 2820 for the S390-29?

I would like not to do custom order if what you have will work.

Thank you.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we do not recommend that you round up. If your channel balance has a length that ends on the half inch, then you should replace it with one on the half inch.

If you're certain that you have the Series 390 balance, then check out this Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I have started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.