SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balances

A contractor from Florida says:
Not sure what part number to order based on the top and shoe. I have quite a few in different sizes but the top and shoe are all the same. This one is 24 in. Shoe looks similar to a 15-004 or 15-005 19-031 or 19-004. Perhaps a series 371. I am enclosing a pic for you.
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before we can suggest an applicable balance Series, we just need a bit more information.

Compare the measurements of your bottom shoe to 15-004 and 15-005. Is your shoe 1" long, or 1-3/32" long?

Also, how long is the metal channel, in inches? Please do not include the attachments in your measurement.
A quick learner from Florida says:
metal channel is exactly 23 3/4 ". the shoe is actually only 7/8 " long. Could that be due to wear?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It doesn't look like your shoe has been worn down. It's possible you're measuring the wrong section of the shoe. Please refer to the chart below to see the measurements you need.
A SWISCO guide to identifying balance shoes.
A contractor from Florida says:
Between 7/8 and 15/16 .
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the clarification. Please take a look at our S371-24 channel balance, with a 2320 stamp option. I believe that this will work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)