SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balances

A home owner from Ft Worth, Texas says:
Hello,

I am needing some help in identifying the type of series I need to purchase. The problem is that I do not have a channel balance that is not damaged. I included some pictures of one that has the least damage. The sash is 1/2" x 29" and has 2820 written on it.

Thanks,
Miguel
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before I can confirm what Series channel balance you have, I'll have to figure out what your bottom shoe is. Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe?

Please also tell me the length of the metal channel. Do not include the plastic attachments in this measurement.

Finally, can we see a few pictures of the top attachment, as well?
A home owner from Ft Worth, TX says:
I was able to find a channel balance with the least damage and it seems like its its 1-1/8" deep and the metal piece is 29" in length (without the plastic attachments). I also noticed that the 15-002 and 15-002 both have a a small cut off on the right side of the shoe, the one that I have does not, does that matter?

I included pictures of the top.
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional image. It looks like you have the 19-002 top. That, in addition to the 15-001, means that I recommend the S390-29 channel balance. Does that look about right?

As for the cut out in the right side of the shoes, I'm not really sure what you mean. Are you referring to that small square hole? If so, I believe yours has them, as well. That is the hole in which the rivet secures.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)