Channel Balances do not click into place and stay attached to window

A home owner from Atlanta, GA says:
I have two problems with the channel balances on my Seal Craft windows.

1. Some of the balances do not stick with the window. They either stay in one place or move up and down the track some but not in sync with the window. Is there some way that they are supposed to click into the window itself? Can you give me any advise on this issue?

2. I will need to replace many (all?) of them as the old ones no loner work. They are 10 years old and some cords have broken, some parts have rusted tight, and on some the little clip on the end of the cord that attaches the bottom of the channel balance to the window frame has broken. I know this much:
- Here are some markings I found on the existing channel balances: 29-5[or S?] CA2 CMC 4 and 29-6 HA2 CMC 25.
- They seem to match your series 350. The top plastic insert has not ears. The bottom plastic insert does have ears.
- There are two size windows weight of the smaller ones is 24 to 25 pounds so that would seem to indicate the 2940 in the 350 series. I have not been able to weigh the larger window yet.
- I'll need 20 of the lower weight ones. And 6 of the higher weight ones.
- The spec sheets we have from the architect seem to indicate that they are Seal Craft 4000 series windows but there are no markings on the Windows themselves to confirm this. In other words, we cannot be 100% sure that the contractor installed exactly what was specified but they do seem to be the same.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! All the information you have seems to match up, though the stamp option rating is a little weird. I would go by the weight of the sash, just to be 100% sure that you're getting the right strength spring. That's always a safe bet, especially since you're not sure that your contractor installed the right hardware.

As for the balances not being in sync with the sash, there could be a couple reasons why this is happening. The first thing that comes to mind is the possibility of a damaged top sash guide. I recommend watching the videos below for more clarification on how these balances are supposed to work.
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.