SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Bracket Replacement

A quick learner from Anaheim, CA says:
We have a channel bracket that the spring and string won't move. It's locked up. It came off and fell out of the window. The string was hanging out about 6" to 8" when it fell out but when I pulled on the pully system it tightened up and I cannot get it to release.

The length of the metal channel is 26" (actually it's 25 and 15/16ths). From the backside it is 1/2". Printed on it is "25 5 LR CALDWELL". There are no other markings.

Which one should we order from your site?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
A quick learner from Orange County says:
You guys are awesome! It was the 385 and I ordered 2 of them. Installed this morning after watching your "how to" video and it was a snap. Thank you so much.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)