Channel Spring Balance and parts

A quick learner from Chatham Ontario Canada says:
I am looking for replacements channel spring balances or parts.

The Canadian installation company, Ducana Windows, has gone bankrupt and we are having trouble finding anyone who deals with the parts to repair the windows. I manage an office building with over 100 of these windows and am in desperate need of parts so we can get some of these windows operating. Owner can't afford to be replacing that many windows for the sake of a few parts.

I believe from your website that it is a Series 350 channel. From my measurements and comparisons with your site, they have a 19-002 balance top and a 15-004 balance shoe. The Top sash guide is a 18-073

The windows vary in height and width and the channels are varying sizes including 24" 27" and 29".

The numbers stamped on the channels are all different and are not the same as you supply.

23 9
2690 7 29
2840 7

How do I tell the weights so I can order the correct sash weight?

Also, do you ship to Canada
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I agree with your assessment, our Series 350 balance and 18-073 shoe look pretty close. Just double check the dimensions to make sure they're the same.

I would also check the nylon attachments on each balance just to make sure they're all the same. Looking at your pictures, it seems like a few have bottom shoes that don't match the 15-004, as they are missing the wings. However, it's hard to tell. If you have a lot of windows with a lot of different sized balances, then there may be a few oddballs in there. Just keep that in mind.

To determine sash weight, you simply have to remove the sash and place it on a scale. Any common bathroom scale should do. Check out the video below to see how we remove this kind of window sash.

We do ship to Canada. Check out our Shipping Policy for more information.
A quick learner from Chatham Ontario Canada says:
Ok, So I now have the weights for each sash. When I am searching for the proper spring balance weight, do I look for the spring balance that matches the total sash weight or 1/2 of the sash weight because there are 2 balances on each window?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
For these kind of balances, you look at the weights listed for each option assuming both balances will be carrying that weight. You do not split it in half.
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.