SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Window Balances

A quick learner from San Diego, CA says:

I am looking for (2) channel window balances for a bedroom window.

The metal part of the channel length is 28 1/16" long.
The channel depth is 5/8".
The channel width is 9/16".

The markings on it are 27 4 EU CMC 2

I am looking for both sides for the same window.

Pictures attached.

Any help appreciated. If you have the parts please let me know how I can purchase.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we did not receive your pictures. Could you try uploading them again? That will help us find what you need. In the meantime, I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner from San Diego, CA says:

From looking at the part identifier it looks like I need an S380 or an S385. The tops are the same but the I can't tell if the shoe is 15-004 or 15-005.

I've attached pictures.

Any help appreciated.

User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, it's tough to eyeball, since the 15-004 and 15-005 only have 3/32" of a difference. You will need to measure your shoe and refer to the dimensions we show for both parts to confirm the best match. Also be sure to account for wear when you measure; in other words, your might be a little smaller than it once was.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)