Dandid Window Channel balance

A home owner from Jackson ms says:
I need 8 channel balances to fix 4 of my dandid windows. The mfr code is Dan-1. Will this info work or do I need to take a channel balance out of the window?
User submitted a photo of a sticker from a window.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, we cannot determine what balance you have based on this picture. As you mentioned, we will need to see the balance removed. Please take a picture of both ends and of the stamp printed on the balance itself. Thanks!
A quick learner from Jackson ms says:
Will this work?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
I can see the stamp clearly enough, but you do not show the ends. Please show me both ends of the balance, including whatever pieces are attached. Looking at what you show now, I think I will also need to see the metal clip at the end of the pulley string and the pivot shoe. Thanks!
Hope this helps
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
That's perfect, thank you. Check out our Series 770 for a possible match.
A quick learner from Jackson miss says:
I measured my existing channel balance and it is 33 inches but the stamp says 32c. Should I order 33c or 32c?
Profile picture of Tom
If your metal channel is 33" long, then you should go with the S770-33, not the S770-32. However, you will need to weigh your sash on a scale to determine the best S770-33 option. There is a chart on that store page showing you how much weight each option can support.
I received my s770 channel balances and they worked great! Just one problem. One side of one of my windows had a broken part. It is the part that the channel balance connects to that the window sits in to unlock and lock to remove the window. What is this and do I need to send a picture to you to for a replacement part?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, I'm glad the Series 770 worked! The part you mention that is broken is likely the pivot lock shoe. There are a few possibilities, so I would like to see a picture or two. I will also need to know its width and thickness. Thanks!
It is 1/2 thick. It is 1 1/4 wide and 1 1/2 long.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Since Danvid Window company is out of business, I believe our 15-188 will work for you as a substitute. If you would like me to confirm, I would need to see the bottom pivot bar that fits into this shoe.
I ordered your suggestion and it worked except it wouldn't lock. I instated it and after a little engineering on my part the window is in place and working fine. Thanks!
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.