Channel balance 26 4 JK Caldwell

A handy person from Kenmore, WA says:
Hello,

I need few balances for Milgard windows. I removed one of them. Pictues are attached pictures. It is Non-Tilt Window. The channel width is about 1/2". The height of only metal frame of balance is about 27.5" and with plastic attachments is about 28.5". Are these available and how much for two pairs Thank you in advance for your assistance.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
Comparison of 15-004 and 15-005
I also recommend double checking the length of the metal channel. Based on your stamp, it should only be 27" long. Do not include the nylon attachments in your measurement.
A handy person from Washington State says:
The above was somewhat helpful. I have the same exact unit Caldwell 26 4 JK. When I went through the checkout to purchase mine, you guys use a different weight rating system. So the "4" stamp from Caldwell equates to some unknown weight rating but you guys have numerous options. I assume your number "2640" means 26" number 4? Or is that a stretch? either way it's information that is needed for purchase. Why not just use the same numbering scheme as the manufactures?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, our "2640" is the same as your old "26 4." If you have any doubts, you can always weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the chart to confirm.

As for why all balances don't use the same rating system, I have no idea. I certainly wish they did. Keep in mind that we don't manufacture balances, we're just a third party supplier and we have no decision making power to this end. We're in the same boat as you. It would definitely make everyone's lives easier but this is just the way they do things.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.