SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

21 4 Channel balance

A home owner from Cave creek az says:
Hello. The tension cord broke on this channel balance. The length of the metal channel is 22 inches. Can I buy just the cable?
Tom
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Tom. I'm afraid you cannot replace the cord by itself, and we do not recommend it. I suggest that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A home owner from Cave creek az says:
I thought you would tell me if I was ordering the correct part
Profile picture of Tom
I would be happy to, but I can't say what you have based on just the stamp. All that tells us is how strong the balance is. If you cannot find what you have on that link I sent you, I will need more detailed pictures and information. I would start by showing us a clear picture of each nylon attachment on either end of the balance. I will also need you to measure them for me.
A quick learner from Cave creek az says:
Sent 3 pics. Apparently you can't view them. Am I correct?
Profile picture of Tom
We only received the picture shown in your first post. You can upload your pictures directly to this thread for us to see.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)