SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel balance compatability

A home owner from Santa Clara, CA says:
I am looking to replace a channel balance which has "86 25 IA5 CMC 2". After looking at your website I found S380-26 as the match. S380-26 with 19-005 top and 15-005 shoe. Can you please confirm that is the match. I am attaching few pictures as well.

Also, which stamp option I shall choose. Does it help if I go for higher sash weight or does it has to match exact. Even though one balance is gone bad I am thinking of replacing both sides.

Thank you.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This could either be our Series 380 or Series 385 channel balance. You will need to compare the size of your shoe with yours. The Series 380 comes with our 15-005 and the Series 385 comes with our 15-001. Compare both to your balance to confirm.

I would also recommend our 2550 option, based on your stamp of 25-5. You shouldn't go for a heavier stamp option than what you have, since the window will not work properly. Stick with what you have now.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)