Channel balance for Caradco window

A home owner from Foxboro, MA says:
Hi:
We have a caradco windows in our home.
One window has a broken channel balance. The bottom hole that accepts the window pin broke off (near #10 in the picture).
Is this something you can replace?

Thanks,

Bob
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Bob. We may be able to help. Check out our 15-104 and see if this is a match for your broken hardware.
A quick learner from 02035 says:
It looks like a perfect match.
Thank you for the prompt reply.
I've placed an order for 4 (in case I have trouble with the install).
If you could point me to instructions and/or a video of how to actually replace the part, I'd appreciate it.
Again, thanks so much.

bob
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Glad it's a match. You can check out this old discussion for an idea of what you're in for when you try to reinstall this shoe. It's not easy, and you may want the help of a local professional. See that discussion for more details and a possible alternative, if riskier, solution.
A quick learner from DIckson, Tennessee says:
I just ordered these 15-104 friction shoes. What is the easiest way to get them in the track? also, what is the number for the track cover?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

To remove and install new friction shoes, you'll need to remove the sashes first and gently pull the vinyl jamb liner from the window. With the jamb liner out, slide the spring and 15-104 friction shoe out. Now, hook on the new friction shoe to the spring and slide both the shoe and spring back into the jamb liner. Unfortunately, we don't carry the track cover but you may be able to find one at a local hardware store. Thank you!

A quick learner from MD says:
Hello, I am looking for 32" balances that are compatible with Caradco Friction Shoe. Thank you
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we do not carry replacement balance springs that work with the Caradco friction shoe. If you have wood windows, I would recommend reaching out to a local millwork that may be able to supply replacement jamb liners for your window. 

I'm sorry that we won't be able to assist with this repair but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. Thanks for posting. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.