SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel balance identification assistance

A quick learner from Nevada says:
Hi! I believe I have the S 380-27 but cannot find any markings or labels on the part or window besides what is attached. The first photo shows 26 4 FX CMC 7 and it is 27" long without the feet on the ends.

The second photo is a close up of the channel balance in the window. Please let me know what I should order. I'm planning on replacing them in two windows. Thanks!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Could you also show me a few pictures of the bottom shoe? I cannot determine what Series you have based on just the top attachment. Thanks!
A quick learner from Nevada says:
I think this is the end you needed to see. Thanks for your help!
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect! Just by eyeballing it, it looks like your shoe is the 15-004, which would make this a Series 385 balance. However, you should measure your shoe just to make sure it's not the 15-005 instead, which would make this a Series 380 balance.
Comparison of <a href='http://www.swisco.com/Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-004'>15-004</a> & 15-005
A quick learner from Las Vegas says:
OK, thanks for the info so far. This is taking forever!

We measured the shoe and it's 1-3/32 so that would be the 15-004 but your last message said 15-005 for both options. So is it the Series 385 or the Series 380 we need to order?

Finally, do we need a stamp option for a particular sash weight? I am clueless here as well. I think after these two updates we'll be ordering! Finally! - Lori
Profile picture of Tom
Sorry, that was a typo on my part. Yes, if your shoe is 1-3/32" deep then the Series 385 is what you will want.

Yes, stamp options are essential. That determines how strong your spring is. Since your stamp reads 26 4, I recommend our 2640 option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)