Channel balance incorrect

A quick learner from longmont,co says:
I ordered some series 751 channel balances to fix my windows. Due to bad weather I am just getting around to installing them. They do not match my existing balances. See attatched photos. My balance is on top. Yours are ribbed, mine square. Mine attach with a screw at the top. Otherwise they are very similar. The shoes on mine are broken but I think they are the same size as yours. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Gary
A user submited photo of window channel balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear that this balance didn't work out for you. However, I'm actually having a bit of trouble making out your balance ends in these pictures. Are they broken? If so, can we see a better picture of them? It would be even better if we could see one that is undamaged--perhaps the partner of your original balance in the same window, or from a different pair in another window in the house. If we can see a closer picture of the shoe you need, it would help us research a possible alternative!
A home owner from longmont,co says:
Paul, the old shoes are broken. The old ones are white plastic and appear to have identical measurements to SWISCO part 15-014. That's why I ordered these channel balances.
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you. That makes things a lot more clear. It seems as though you may need a custom made balance. Before we can begin, however, I just need a bit more information. Can you please tell me what stamps were printed on your original balance? If there weren't any, can you give me the weight of your sash?
The only stamp on the balance says 19HD or 18HD depending on the length. The windows were originally marketed as Vista 2000. I don't have a scale sensitive enough to weigh them.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that these stamps will match up with the options available for this new custom balance. I'm afraid that I will need to know the weight of both of your sashes. This is the final step; once I have this information, I can get you started on your custom order!
The upper 18" sash weighs 12 lbs.
The lower 19" sash weighs 14 lbs.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you. I have made up some Custom Balance Order Forms for you. Please fill out the rest of the information, and one of our representatives will contact you shortly thereafter.

For the 19" balance, please click here.

For the 20" balance, please click here.
Why a 20" balance? The existing balances are marked 18 and 19.
Profile picture of Paul
I'm sorry--I'm only going by what you ordered before. You had purchased a 19" balance and a 20" balance. Do your original balances not match those lengths?

Keep in mind that the stamps don't always correspond to the length of the balances. In fact, many times they're one digit less than your channel's total length. However, that's not always the case. In some instances, the stamp and length match. Either way, the stamp is not a reliable means to judge the length of your channel balance.

To help clear things up, please give me the length of your two original balances in inches, and I would be happy to change those two order forms.
Profile picture of Paul
Please see our tutorial video on how to install this very balance!
A home owner from Longmont, co says:
How do I get the shoe of the channel balance into the channel of the window sash? Thanks.
A user submited photo of window balance
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.