SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel balance inquiry

A home owner from Fullerton, CA says:
Looking for a channel balance. 15" length. Appears to have a 15-004 bottom (1 3/32" and ears) and perhaps a 19-005 (ears) top like the 385 series, but the top has 2 steps instead of one like the 19-005 seems to have, perhaps inconsequential. Also, the sash weight is 17lbs as measured on a bathroom scale (perhaps not most accurate) and the weight range for the 385 does not seem to accommodate this load. Stamped on Channel Balance is 14 6 FU CMC 2

Any guidance? I have attached images for your information. Thanks for what you can provide!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The number of steps on the top attachment don't matter. The function of the 19-005 is very simple. As long as it hooks on the take-out clip, it doesn't matter how it looks.

As for the weight, we just added a 1460 option. Two balances with this option can carry a window sash weight of 17 through 20 pounds, and it matches your existing stamp. Does that sound good to you?

If so, check out S385-15 with the 1460 option.
A home owner from Fullerton, CA says:
Thanks Tom. I really appreciated the quick attention and detailed resolution to my inquiry. Many thanks.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Any time, George. Let me know if you need anything else, I'd be happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)