Channel balance parts

A quick learner says:
I believe I have Rollyson windows 1984 yr.
Channel balance 28 in. Stamped 27-D B.S.I. Window wt. 20 lbs.
Bottom shoe looks like your #15-005 and dims. Match.
Top looks like #19-031 the width on winds is 1 1/16 on old part and 7/8 on new. Height of old is 7/16 and 5/8 on new??
Sash caps are your #18-124P in white do you have black??
I think it's your C.B. #S371-28. 2740
Pictures attached any direction you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Our S371-28 balance is the correct replacement for your Rollyson window. When placing your order, select the spring strength option of 2740. I'm afraid the top sash guide 18-124P is no longer available in black.
A quick learner says:
Mike
Thanks for the feed back. On further review your top part 19-037 looks like my part other than wing dim. Mine is 1 1/16 yours is 1 13/32 is it possible the dim. Should read 1 3 /32?? And can I get the cb. With the 19-037 on top?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, we could custom make this balance for you. Can you just tell me how many you need?
A quick learner says:
Mike
Used the S371-28 cb works well except for the last three inches on close and first three on open are very tight after that everything moves smoothly. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure why this would happen. It usually occurs when the spring is too strong, but all the information you gave us points to the 2740 option. What is the weight of the sash your balance supports? Could it be that the original 2740 option was too strong? Also check the length of the metal channel to make sure they match up to the ones in the window. The company that manufactured the window you have went bankrupt, so they might have just used any size balance they had lying around to complete orders. It's an unfortunate but common scenario.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.