Channel balance search

A home owner from Florida says:
I have a home in Florida and every single channel balance broke even when the window was not opened. In most cases it was the pot metal piece that the rope went thru (like a block and tackle piece) or the screw holding the top part in snapped. Very frustrating to say the least. It appeared to me like cheap hardware.The channel is 28 inches long
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I recognize this balance. I believe that it is discontinued and no longer available, since the company that made them is out of business. I think you should try substituting with our S770-28 balance with a 28F stamp. Check it out and see what you think.
A handy person from PA, but the windows are in FL says:
Looks like the S770-28 will work. My question is does the new channel balance come with a new pivot shoe at the bottom. Sounds like a dumb question but the windows are in a home in Florida and I live in PA so it makes it a little tougher. I plan on taking the new balances down there to install them and I want to make sure I have everything i need. Thanks - Jim
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
No, this kind of balance does not come with pivot shoes. You can see all the pivot shoes related to the S770-28 on the right hand side of that product page.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.