Channel balancer connectors

A home owner from Pearland, TX says:
33 lb BFS window sash. The channels are B.S.I. 27D and measure 9/16 wide and 9/16 wide - 27" long.
Has the 4610108 patent mark on the bottom connector. this connector mates to the bottom "hook" on the window sash.
Need replacement pulleys and bottom connectors - and the channel itself.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We may be able to help, though this balance will have to be custom made. I'm thinking of our S795-27 channel balance but with the screw tab on top swapped out for a hook like our 15-198. Does that look good? If so, can you tell me the weight of your sash? Can you also tell me how many you need?
A home owner from Texas says:
Paul,
Thanks for the reply.
I found the channel balance on your site after searching a bit. Also noted that the one you sell has an anchor tab that attaches with a screw rather than the one I have that has a hook. I did purchase 4 of the 795 assemblies and modified them myself.
Looked at the installation video and it did not help - not sure it would work even if I had the tab with the screw attachment.
Finally finished installing the window and it all works...
I was able to engage the fist "hook" (bottom right picture) with the metal slots vertical (locked position). Note that the length of the slot in the fitting on the channel balance is shorter than width of the hook part of the aluminum peg attached to the sash. The sash must be angled at about 30 degrees to engage/insert the peg/hook. the only way to get the second hook in the slot was to cut most of the overhanging part of the hook off, that way what was left could insert into the slot without having to angle the sash.
I tried to angle the sash by pushing down the side engaged with the balance but with the angle the second peg/hook will not reach the other slot.
Don't think this channel balance was meant to be replaced without taking the window apart.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.