Channel window balance

A home owner from Charlottesville, VA says:
I am trying to replace some broken channel window balances for my tilt out windows. They are 28 in long and by my measurements the channel balances measure 1/4 x 1/4 in width and depth. There is the number 2800 on the balance and under that is stamped BSI (but backwards) and underneath that LJ.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A home owner from Charlottesville, VA says:
To correct the measurements - they are 9/16, not 1/4 as in the original post.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, and for the clarification. That makes a lot more sense. Check out our S770-27 channel balance. I think this looks like a possible match. I think our 28C option should work for you. This carries a sash weight of 18 through 23 pounds. You may want to weigh your own sash to confirm. If you find it's less than 18 pounds, go with the 28B stamp option (12 through 18 pounds)
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.