Choosing a balance without the old one

A quick learner from USA says:
Hi. I sure hope you can help me. We did an extensive remodel on our house in which a window was removed for easy access. Anyway, after months of chaos, when the window was ready to go back in, the channel balances were missing. So I do not have any reference, or series numbers, or anything to go off of in ordering new ones.
There is not another similar window in the house to compare to. But this is what I do know:
the window is about 7 years old, the sash weighs 11 lbs, there are track lines from the old balance that measure at .5 inch, the sash measures 28 inches x 20.5 inches in its entirety, the glass part measures at 24.5 x 17. And the pictures will hopefully provide more information.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's very hard to identify what channel balance you need without having the original on hand. Based on your dimensions, I would go with our S385-18, based on your glass height of 17", with a 1720 option, based on your sash weight. The Series 385 comes with wings and a thick shoe; if you find the wings get in the way, you can clip them off; additionally, if the shoe is too thick, you can always shave it down. Let me know what you think.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.