Clamp style latch sliding glass door handle set with a key?

A quick learner from Pasadena, MD says:
Hi- I've talked to several companies and no one has helped me so I figured I will try yours. I'm looking to get a key lock for this set up, preferably a keypad lock. Is that possible or with the clamp style latch can I only get a key lock cylinder to install? Do I have to change my door jamb and whole handle set to the traditional hook type latch if I want a keypad lock? Please respond. Any advice will help. I've been trying to figure this out for a month and need something installed ASAP. Thank you
Sliding glass door handle set
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience with us. Your handle looks similar to our 82-082 handle which uses our 82-310 key cylinder. You will need to punch/drill out the key plug in the exterior handle and cut the key cylinder tail to the proper length for your door. There are some related videos I have placed on the upper right hand side of this page I would like for you to take a look at. See if this can help you.
A professional from CA says:
Where have you seen a keypad lock for a sliding glass door?
That sounds like a good idea, but I've never seen that as an option.
A professional from Maryland says:
I have the same style clamp handle, but it has the 3" holes. The one coming off the door also had an outside lock cylinder. Do you carry something with the 3" holes and can be keyed?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The only clamp-style handle set we sell with a 3" hole spacing is our 82-077. However the exterior pull handle is very different from the 82-005 that I recommended above. While the exterior pull on the 82-082 just mounts to the flat surface of the door, the 82-077 exterior pull has to fit in a specifically sized cavity cut into the door. If your door doesn't have such a cavity, I'd advise against using it.

The 82-077 also doesn't come with a key lock, and we don't sell anything that is specifically made to work with it. Ultimately, you may find it easier to use the 82-082 and just redrill your holes, but it's up to you.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.