Clip on storm door lock has stopped working!

A handy person from Redmond, Oregon says:
My neighbor living in the attached apartment to my house has a storm door that has one of your door lock mounts installed on it. Recently the inside door handle assembly started pulling out when the door is pulled closed.

It would appear to be the clip or whatever you Call the piece that keeps the inside lever attached to the spindle has either fallen out or what I see in there now is no longer doing its job.

The part number that is printed on the installation instructions is part # 2026480012. The color is white and I have not had any luck finding a white door handle to buy if we need to replace it. Please advise me what can be done if anything.

Thank you
Dawn
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The problem could be that the screw was never installed into the threaded stem in the outside handle. Another problem could be that from pulling on the storm door, the threaded stem could have broken loose from the outside handle. Best bet would be to completely remove the handle from the door and examine it to find the problem. If you'd like, you can send us some photos of the lock removed from the door. We could try to identify what you have from there.
A quick learner from Redmond, Oregon says:
Here are a couple pictures of the handle that no longer stays together.
User submitted photos of a storm door handle.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Looking at your photos, I believe this inside handle is beyond repair. Please take a look at our 40-150. I believe that could possibly fit your storm door. Let me know what you think.
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.