Closet Door Hangers

A home owner from Rumford, RI says:
I purchased two sets of Closet Door Hangers with 3/4"roller wheels(Swisco item# 23-047)well over a year ago to replace some missing hardware for my bypass closet doors. Unfortunately,the existing track on the closet only accommodates a 5/8" roller wheel. Therefore, I need a closet hanger with a 5/8" roller which I don't think are available any longer or a replacement track that will accommodate a 3/4" roller. My closet doors are 1 3/8" and the closet opening is 55 1/2". Can you help me with this long delayed project?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you might need to just replace the complete set. Take a look at our 23-501 5' track. You might need to cut the length of the track to fit, but what do you think?
A professional from CA says:
Before going the new track route, I would consider drilling out the back of the rivet holding the wheel to the bracket and screwing a 10-142 to it.
I think the problem could be either the space between the nut on the wheel and the track or the thickness of the nut. I'm not saying it will work, because I don't know your situation, but look at it and see if it could work. I've had luck with similar repairs.
Installing a Two-Door Sliding Closet Door Track Kit
Installing a Two-Door Sliding Closet Door Track Kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.