Closet door hangers

A home owner from Stonington says:
I need to replace my closet door hangers (son lost the hardware when he removed the doors 3 years ago-love him!). What is the importance of the offset? Thankfully you have the 3/4" wheels, but I can't decide on the offset. What difference will it make? There are 2 sliding doors on the closet and the do hang in front of each other when slid to the side.

Karen
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! For closet door hangers, the offset is fairly important. If it's not right, then the doors wouldn't line up correctly on the bottom track or guide and might rub against each other. What SWISCO part number were you looking at, and what is your current offset?
A handy person from North Stonington, CT says:
P/C# 23-002. I need the 3/4" dia wheel for sure. The old hardware is nowhere to be found, so I am eye-balling it. I stood in the door jamb last night and it looks as though the 1/2" offset should work. It reality it looks as though there is 1/2" from the back surface of the door to the centerline of the track. This would give me about 1/8" clearance from the front surface of the closet door to the trim around the closet. I ordered it! Keep your fingers crossed!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! It's always worth a shot. If worst comes to worst, you could always replace the whole track with one of our Sliding Closet Door Track Sets.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.