SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Closet mirrored sliding doors.

A quick learner from Calgary, Canada says:
I would like to identify and purchase the replacement part of a mirrored sliding closet door. The part is 3.5" long and 3" wide. The galvanized metal part is secured to the door frame, but the grey plastic part with the wheel slides out of the housing. The track has a groove.
User submitted a photo of a closet door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Please see our 23-041, this looks like a good possible match.
Thanks. I have ordered the part.
Profile picture of Tom
You're welcome let us know how this works out for you!
How do you remove the old one and install the new one? Just tap downwards on the whole assembly to dislodge the clips? I get the sense that the upper clip of the part connects with the frame in a different direction than the lower clip.
Profile picture of Tom
The roller is currently held on with hooks, so you'll have to firmly but gently work it out. I recommend using a pair of needle nose pliers to get a good grip on it.
A professional from CA says:
I usually insert a long screwdriver into the bottom of the rail and push the locking tab straight so it slides out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)