SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Closet track for mirrored doors

A home owner from Sunset Beach Oahu Hawaii says:
Hello, I need replacement bottom tracks for 7 closets - each with rolling mirrored double doors. Please see photo.

Can you please help me? Brant

User submitted a photo of a mirror closet door track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Check out our 23-271 and let me know if you could use this.
A professional from California says:
Both will work, but 23-258 is a better substitute. Unfortunately it is more expensive. I prefer it though. I think it is actually an extruded aluminum version of the same track.
A contractor from Hawaii says:
Tom, Thank you for the prompt reply. Am just now getting back to this job. I checked out your track 23-271. The only potential issue I see is that the existing track dimensions are slightly different.

Existing distance between roller centers is 1-3/8 inches and overall track width is 3-1/8 inches. This is versus 1-21/32" and 2-13/16" for your 23-271.

Please take a look at the photo I sent you and let me now if you think this will be a problem and / or you have another track that might serve as a better replacement.

Thanks, Brant
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 23-258 is 3" wide and the distance between rails is 1-11/16". Would that be better?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)