SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Cochrane dresser drawers keep falling out

A home owner from Madison, WI says:
I have a 6 drawer solid wood Cochrane dresser, and every drawer falls out when it's about halfway out. Would rear drawer slides solve this problem or is there a better solution? I ordered the 32-031 and 32-036 rear drawer guides, but the wooden slide is too large for these drawer guides. The wooden slide is 1" wide at the top, 7/16" tall and 13/16" wide at the bottom.
User submitted photos of drawer tracks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You may want to consider replacing this track entirely. Check out our 32-063. This is a very versatile and easy-to-install track kit that many hand people have used on a variety of drawers.
A home owner from Madison, WI says:
All of the 6 drawers fall out after they're pulled halfway out. The center wooden slides are intact and in good condition. Is there another alternative to prevent the drawers from falling out other than replacing all 6 tracks?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If the 32-031 and 32-036 didn't work, then the only thing I can recommend is something like our 32-125, though I'm not sure if that will be enough. Take a look and let me know what you think.
A home owner from Nebraska says:
I have that problem with one drawer on my chest of drawers. It turns out that I must have overloaded it at one time because the part of the drawer that engages the slide cracked out. Be sure to check the underside of the drawer for any damage or looseness in the track.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)