Coil Balance System

A home owner from Palmer Lake says:
I have a 33 and 1/2" wide and 35 and 1/2" tall vinyl Capitol window (a full window view is included. The coil balance system on one side broke. I need a replacement part. The channel is 5/8" A picture of the part that screws into the channel is shown as CoilBalanceSystem Top. A picture of the part that has the slot for the bottom of the window to hook into is shown as BrokenCoilBalance Do you have such a part? Do you need more information?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell what you have from your pictures, as much of the original hardware is obscured while still installed. That said, see our 15-180 pivot shoe and Series 190 coil spring. I think these will match what you have. You will need the stamp from the old spring to confirm the best Series 190 option.
A home owner from Palmer Lake says:
I am not sure if the 15-180 pivot shoe is correct. As I looked into my coil balance system in more detail, I am pretty sure I have a dual coil system. Attached is a picture of the entire assembly (disassembled)showing the broken coil. Hopefully, you can see the measurements for the detent clip (3/4" wide, 3" tall) and the shoe (1 and 1/4" wide, 1 and 7/8" tall). The lower (unbroken) coil is attached to the right side of the shoe and is stamped with 740; the upper (broken) coil is unattached but on the left side of the shoe is also stamped 740. The detent clip has two gray bushings as shown and when flipped over those hold the two coils and affix the assembly to the inside of the slot. Also attached is a picture of the assembly as installed on the other side of the window whose coils are working but without the detent clip attached so you can see one coil operates above the other coil. Do you have such an assembly put together or would I need to order all separate parts?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Your pivot shoe looks like an older style of the 15-180, but I still think the 15-180 and Series 190 are your best bet. These parts are all sold separately, but you only need to replace what's broken. If any of these individual parts are undamaged, there's no reason you can't reuse it.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.