A professional from South Carolina says:

Coil series: S152
Sash weight: 24-28lbs
Sash height: 30
Sash width: 34
Quantity: 2
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Can you confirm how many springs are used on each side of the window? If there are two on each side, I recommend our S152-6.
A professional from SC says:
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, there is only one balance on each side. We ordered the S152-9, but they need to support a sash weight of 24-28 lbs.(approx.) Do you have any other suggestions/parts that may interchange, but with heavier support?

Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for confirming. Would still you be able to use two S152-6 balances on either side?
A quick learner from SC says:
Will the S152-6 support the sash weight I listed. I thought the S152-9 was the highest you could get in the part, and it didn't support it
Profile picture of Paul
Well, each S152-6 can support 6 pounds each. So four working together should cover your sash weight of 24 pounds. You may want to get an exact sash weight just to be sure.
A quick learner from sc says:
As I said in my previous reply, there is only ONE balance per side.
Profile picture of Paul
I understand. But is there anything stopping you from using two springs per side? At this time, that is our best solution.
Would the part #15-150 1/2" coil double support work for the series 152? It says it works with series 160, so I wasn't sure.

Thanks,
Mandy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The Series 152 is used with the 15-144 clip. If you are using two springs, you would just use two 15-144. They just stack on top of one another.
Awesome! Thank you : )
Awesome! Thank you : ) So if I already have 2 9lb. series, am I able to purchase 2 5lbs and add one to the 9lbs. on each side?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, I suppose that would work. As long as your sash isn't under 28 pounds to any great degree. It's definitely advisable to get an exact weight, just in case.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)