SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Coil Counterbalance

A contractor from Chicago says:
Can you check attached pictures and let me know if you carry those counterbalance-sets?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, we should be able to help. See our 15-175 pivot shoe and Series 152 spring. These appear to match your hardware. You will need to reference the stamp on your current spring to determine the best Series 152 option.
Hi, Thanks for response. But it`s not just the spring but the whole set of the coil counterbalance including spring, covers and shoes. Btw I was not able to find any stamps on the spring. Could you please check additional pics of the coil counterbalance on the other windows which are still in good condition just to know how they used to look like? Thanks!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid your coil balance system does not come as a set. Each portion is sold individually. The Series 152 spring and 15-175 look like what you have in your pictures. You could probably re-use the cover, but if you can't then you could consider the 15-144 cap and 15-145 bushing.
I guess covers are damaged as well and I`d have to buy covers also. So, could the 15-144 cap and 15-145 bushing be used as a cover? Actually I need the whole set of the system and could you please name all the parts to get the system worked?
Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, the two parts you named can be used with the 15-175 shoe and Series 152 coil spring. I guess the only other part used with this hardware would be the screw. We recommend the 33-072.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)