SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Coil Weight Guide

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
I'm mathematically poor, but according the the guide above, I'm hoping I got this right.

I measured my window and it was 40W x 26L. By the formula above I got 7.22 and with a Double glass window multiplied it by 3.25 to get 23.47, divided that by 2 to get 11.73 so rounded up to 12. So does this mean I need to put two 6LB coils on each side? Is that why I have a tandem case, because it looks like I have two coils in each case on both sides.

I've attached a picture. Also are pictures of the tilt latch and I think what might be called the Sash bar that goes into the Balance coil slot at the bottom of the window, that broke off too!

If this is all correct what parts and numbers do I need to get everything.

Thanks so much.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! I agree, a 6 pound coil balance matches your calculations. You could also check to see what number is printed on the springs themselves. Either way, see our S160-6 coil spring. If you need the other hardware, see our 26-083 pivot bar, as well as our 26-243 and 26-244 tilt latches. You could also have the 26-263 or 26-264 tilt latches, but it's hard to tell. See what you think.
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Great! Thanks so much! And of course for the great website and all the post that help too!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It was my pleasure. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)