Coil balance cover

A home owner from Macungie, PA18062 says:
Dear Sir/Madam:

There are Simonton windows equipped in my house. They are 15 years old now. Some of them are with problems, such as the cover of coil balance broken. The attached images show the broken coil balance cover and the labels of the window. Can I get the replacement parts from your company. What kind of parts should I buy? I appreciate your help. Thanks.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, I think we can help. The cover itself looks like our 15-204, which is meant for 3/8" coil springs. Can that work for you? Let me know what you think. If any other parts are damaged, we would need to see pictures of each part that you would need to replace.
A home owner from Macungie, PA18062 says:
Thank you for your reply. One more question. There are two screws in my coil spring support as showed in the picture. Also, the coil is in two circles in the support. But, 15-204 is only one screw hole. Is it the right parts for replacement?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 15-204 is designed for two 3/8" coil springs that float in the housing. The cover is a different style with one screw securing the cover to the window, but it otherwise functions the same way.
A home owner from Window says:
My problem is exactly as picture above my length of coil balance cover is 4 inches I only need cover your cover is 3 & half inches Annette suggested reach out to this thread also looks like coil is 7/16 wide hopefully 15- 204 will work some pictures included Thanks Jefg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240418_085710.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240418_084030.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240416_112810.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240418_085253.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240416_091910.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree that your cover looks similar to our 15-204, but you should double check the thickness of the spring. I've never seen a 7/16" spring before, especially in this style.

The only two sizes made for this style are 3/8" and 1/2". If your spring is 3/8", then the 15-204 will work. If it's 1/2", then see our 15-150D instead. These are your only tow options at this stage.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.