Coil balance for replacement window, manufacturer Cavco

A home owner from Philadelphia says:
Part numbers on balance housing: Inner facing surface 5.365.638, outer surface 5.232.208
Window is 9 yrs old.
Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you show me a picture of the pivot shoe your coil balances attach to? That would be a big help. Thanks!
A quick learner from Phila, PA says:
I'm not sure what you mean by pivot shoe but here is a photo of the intact hardware on the left side; the other picture is the right side- with the broken coil balance. I honestly can't explain what happened to the pivot (pivot shoe?} on the right side.
I had a service tech here who cut away the coil that was laying inside the right sash, but he could not find a replacement part and could do no more to fix the window.
I haven't given up.
Thank you.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! Take a look at our 15-191 pivot shoe and Series 160 coil springs. These may be what you need. You will need to refer to the number printed on the spring to determine the best Series 160 option.
A quick learner from Phila Pa says:
Ref # D68291
Thanks for the info. The pivot shoe looks like the right one. You suggested to look at coil spring series 160. However the broken spring was removed by a window tech I had called. He took the spring and so I don't know the number. I do have two numbers on the spring housing but don't know what they refer to.
Can you suggest anything?
Thanks,
Peggy
Profile picture of Tom
That's okay, we can calculate the best choice for you. Please tell me the weight of the sash and how many springs are used on each side of the window.
A quick learner from Phila Pa says:
I am getting help on Friday so hope to be able to tell you sash weight then. I don't want to remove sash myself and not be able to get it back in.
It looks like there is one spring per side.
Thanks,
Peggy
A quick learner from phila pa says:
Window sash weight is 15 lb. Please provide best size coil balance.There is one coil balance per side.
Thanks.
Peggy
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect. With one spring on each side and a sash weight of 15 pounds, I recommend our S160-7. Each of these can carry 7.5 pounds, so two altogether would be perfect.
A quick learner from Phila, PA says:
Thanks for the info.
Then I need to order pivot shoe 15-191,and
coil balance S160-7.
Do I need to order a new coil balance housing or can I use the current one? If I need new, can you tell me the part #?
Can I call in my order when I know the answer to the last question?
Thanks,
Peggy
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, Peggy. You can reuse your old housing as long as it isn't damaged. The same goes for your shoes and springs, too. That's the great part about this kind of balance system, you only need to replace the individual pieces that are broken.

You can place your order any time you wish, either over the phone or directly on our site. Thank you for your business, we greatly appreciate it.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.