Coil balance id

A quick learner from Spotsylvania, Virginia says:
Window parts ,double hung, made by or for Hodges Company in 2001. This window uses the "15-175" coil balance shoe, blue slate" which I have 4 in stock. The window uses a " 2 coil springs per side, total 4 to lift each half of the window. Each half weighs 25 lbs 3 oz. 2 of the springs have a "5 L" stamped on them and 2 have "E" stamped on them. Both springs are attached to the balance shoe with a small Philips head screw at the same point. I need enough of the springs and the spring plastic coil cover supports to fix any more failures. Total of 8 springs and 8 plastic coil cover supports. I Have pictures if needed. Thank You
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I agree, your pivot shoe appears similar to our 15-175. For the coil springs, see our S152-5. The manufacturer now makes the springs with the same length tongue, which does make it a little difficult in doubling them up. I'm afraid we don't have those exact covers, but we do have the 15-143, 15-144 and 15-145, which are used on the hardware we've already gone over. I think they will work for you.
A home owner from Spotsylvania, Virginia 22551 says:
Thanks for your answer. I have one more question. Why a 5 lb spring and not a 6 or 7 lb spring? The windows weight is 25 lb +. Four times 5 lbs is 20 lbs? Wouldn't it work easier if the springs were
more powerful? I'am just asking, cause I'am old (73) and for me easier is better.
Thanks
Joe A:)
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
That is a little weird. If your sash is 25 pounds, I don't know why the manufacturer would use four 5 pound springs. Did you find that your sash always felt heavy before? If so, you could use one 5 pound spring and one 6 pound spring on each side. I don't think you should go any higher, or your sash will be hard to close due to all the spring tension.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.