Coil balance question

A home owner from USA says:
To Whom it May Concern:

I have several vinyl single hung, dual pane windows in my house which developed fog in between panes, so I had the glass replaced. The window company used a heavier glass on the replacement panes, so the existing coil balances no longer work. The original coil balance configuration consisted of your coil balance shoe part # 15-180, bushing # 15-182, coil balance clip # 15-186, and series 190 coil balance # 640-S190. The new windows weigh 21.6 lbs, so I
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It looks like part of your post was cut off, but the information that came through was very helpful. For a sash of that weight I would recommend an additional S190-540 (5 pounds of support each) on each side, along with a 15-181 double support to accommodate the extra coil. What do you think?
A quick learner says:
That's what I was coming up with.......I put the order in on Tuesday. Based on the fact that I'm going with two springs instead of the original one, I'm guessing I have two mounting options....use the original screw location for the bottom spring, in which case the assembly would stick up above the top of the bottom sash, or vice versa, which would limit the opening height of the window by the depth of the additional spring. Is that correct?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
That's about right, yes. You definitely don't want the balance system to interfere with the function of the tilt latches, so you may have no choice but to adjust where it installs.
A quick learner says:
Good point. Thanks for the help.....we'll see what happens.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.