SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Coil balance and support

A home owner from USA says:
Coil balance and support
User submitted photos of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photo, I believe the one part you need is like our 15-181. Can you confirm? I'm not sure what the rest of your hardware is, though. I will need to see a picture of your pivot shoe, which connects to the coil spring. I will also need you to tell me what number is printed on the coil spring itself. Thanks!
A quick learner from Pa says:
There is a number four on the plastic piece but I can not seem to find a number on coil and the coil does not seem to have any whole like the others I am seeing thank you for your time and help
User submitted a photo of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional information. The number on the spring is usually near where it's screwed into the shoe. Another way to know what stamp you need is to tell us how heavy your sash is. You can determine this by removing it from the window and placing it on a scale.

As for the hardware itself, our 15-180 shoe and Series 190 spring may be what you have. Does this hardware match?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)