SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Coil banlance

A quick learner says:
Hi,
I don't know any other information, it looks like double spring coil. Could you tell me which type coil I should buy?

Thanks,
May
User submitted a photo of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello, May. There are a few possibilities. Before I can make a recommendation, can you show me a picture of the pivot shoe that attaches to these coil springs?
A quick learner says:
Here is the picture. Thanks!
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! For this kind of balance, the pivot shoe is the key to identifying the other components. Yours closely matches our 15-111. Please look it over and see if you agree. If so, I also recommend our Series 160 coil spring and 15-150D support.

To determine which Series 160 option you need, you will have to reference the number stamped on your current springs.
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom,
I think I found the number stamped on the string: #5.5 39" #5.5 39" 130798 130798

Does this make sense? Which coil and pivot shoe/support I should buy?

Thanks,
May
Profile picture of Tom
If your spring is stamped with #5.5, I recommend our S160-5. Each individual spring can support 5.5 pounds of sash weight.
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom,

How many coils I need for one side? one or two?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
You would need just as many as you have now.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)