SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Cole-Sewell (Larson) vinyl door sweep

A home owner from Waukegan, IL. says:
The sweeps you show from Larson do not match the one I have. It's dimensions are 1/8 inch across the "T" top by 1/4" high. It is Larson item number 33923, or at least was in 2008 when I last ordered from them. I've tried to get into Larson's customer help site but have been unsuccessful.
Any suggestions here?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
When I cross-reference that number, our 58-162 is suggested as a possibility. The overall height is 7/16", but perhaps your door allows you to adjust it. What do you think?
A home owner from Waukegan, IL. says:
Paul,

Idon't think your 58-162 will work, since even my current one fits quite tightly when the sweep is new, That probably is what causes the sweep to separate and need replacing about every year.

Than you, though, for your suggestion.

Dennis
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The only other suggestion that comes to mind is our 40-003. Many people find this easier to install and more reliable at keeping out the draft. It just mounts directly to the face of the door with screws.
A home owner says:
Thanks Paul - Yes, a sweep similar to your 40-003 is my fall-back option.

Dennis
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)