Cole Sewell Storm Door Handle and Latch Mech.

A quick learner from Cherry Hill, NJ area says:
The handle and latch mechanism for my front Cole Sewell storm door has failed. Normally, the handle is at a 9 o'clock position when the door is closed. But it gradually degraded and then failed completely, dropping to a 6 o'clock position and no longer working.

Strangely, it appears to be missing one or two parts inside. Either those parts fell out somewhere when I opened the handle and latch mechanism, or they degraded entirely (there was a good deal of metallic powder in the handle). The spindle extending from the latch mechanism into the handle is the only connecting part, and it fits only loosely in the handle, indicating I think that there must have been another piece at some time, and possibly a spring as well?

The door is, I believe, a model 1800 Cole Sewell, but don't quote me. It is likely 15-20 years old, but predates my purchase of the property, so I can't say for certain.

Distance from the top to the bottom screw on the latch mechanism is 3 1/4 inches.

The door handle plate is just under 4 1/2 inches top to bottom and 1 5/8 wide.

Distance between the two screws on the door handle plate is 1 7/8 inches.

The spindle measures just slightly more than 3 inches.

I understand that Cole Sewell is now out of business. I'm interested in either purchasing the nearest replacement or a suggestion as to repair parts.

Thank you for your help.
John
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Please see our 40-131. This is the closest match we have to your hardware. Could this work for you?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.