SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Color of Spiral Balance Tip

A home owner from Austin, TX says:
I want to order some Series 306 spiral tube balances (a 29" length and a 3/8" diameter tube) for non-tilt windows. I removed old spiral balances from a window, but I don't see any tip with color. It seems my window sash can't be removed from window to measure the weight. The sash is about 30inX34in, I feel the sash is about 10-15 lb in the window without spiral balances. So the actual sash weight could be slightly more. I have another slightly bigger window with a sash about 30in X 39in. I will appreciate it if you can tell me which tip colors I need for these two types of windows.

Also, I want to know if it is possible to order Series 306 spiral tube balances attached with 15-073 Sash Carrier Bracket.

Thanks
Dawei
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For the 30" x 34" sash, I think you may be better off with our red tip. It will hold a sash weight of 10 through 22 pounds. For the larger 30" x 39" sash, I recommend our green tip instead. It will hold 14 through 26 pounds. Keep in mind you could try placing a scale on the sill and gently lowering the sash onto it. It may not give the most accurate reading, but it's better than nothing.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)