SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Columbia Screen Door Roller Assembly

A home owner from Salisbury, CT says:
I have a screen door manufactured under the model name "The Answer." It was apparently manufactured by Columbia Manufacturing Co. According to Columbia, "The Answer" screen door was discontinued 6+ years ago. I need to locate some replacement roller assemblies for the door. Attached are pictures of my worn out assembly. As you can see, it has a steel, ball bearing wheel. The dimensions are similar to your Product Code 84-083, except that the diameter of the yoke on my existing assembly is 3/8" and not 5/16" for the 84-083. This diameter dimension is important because the flared wings (which are different from the flat wings on the 84-083) on either side of the yoke fit into a grove in the top/bottom of the door and snap into place under a rolled edge of the grove, thereby holding the assembly in place. The width of the yoke on my existing assembly is 1-3/8". The height of the yoke is 1-1/4" from the top edge of the wings to the top of the yoke. Can you help me with a replacement assembly? Many thanks.

User submitted photo of patio door screen roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hi Steve,
We are working on getting you a replacement roller assembly. We will post again as soon as it is available for you to view.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please see new SWISCO product code 84-138, sliding patio screen door replacement roller assembly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)