Commercial door weatherstrip

A handy person from Chatham, NJ says:
I'm doing a repair job at our town library and would like to install weather stripping between the main entrance doors. They are 2 wooden doors that meet in the center and have no weatherstrip now.

The gap is 3/8 ", and there is no channel in the edge of the door. Can I install your astragal style weatherstrip with screws? Would it fit if my gap between the doors is 3/8 " since the height of the pile is listed as 1/2".

Thanks for your assistance...... Lee
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Our 58-085 might work, but you will need to route out a channel along the edge of the door to accept it. It could be difficult!
How to Install a Commercial Door Weatherstrip
How to Install a Commercial Door Weatherstrip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.