SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Commercial double door missing weather strip - Can you help identify it?

A handy person from Miami, FL says:
This double door seems to have had a bottom door seal drilled along the length of it instead of the proper weather seal. Not only does it not seal well, it prevents me from using the second door because when the other door closes first, then the first door does not shut due to it resting on the incorrectly installed door seal.

How can I identify which is the weather seal I need? Is there a difference between the different types, shapes and sizes?? I see some bubble, some wool, etc.

If it helps to know, I live in Miami, so it is very humid, and also some neighbors seem to usually smoke right outside my door and with the current improper install when they do, it tends to smell like cigarette near the entrance. I really would like to prevent that.

I have additional pictures but I was limited to 5. If there are any other pictures that may help identify what the correct weather strip required for this door is, please let me know where to take the photo of.

Also as a side note - the door seems to have been completely painted and even the door handles were painted and now the paint is starting to chip - where can I find some new replacement door handle for this door?
User submitted photos of commercial door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Start by looking at our 58-091 and let me know if you can use this as a replacement weatherseal. You will need to compare our dimensions and style to your existing seal to confirm if it's a match.
A handy person says:
Thanks for the reply. I cannot compare it anything because there is currently no weather seal.

Also is the brush the only solution for this door? Would the rubber one seal better? Do you need any particular detail to provide me with a more thorough answer?

Here are some additional pictures if it helps.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, maybe I can help. First, take a look at our 79-029 face plate. This has a weather strip on it and should fit your lock. Just check its measurements compared with your plate.

As for the wool pile, you will first need to determine the width of the backing. The next measurement would be the gap between the doors. Take a look at our 58-105 wool pile to start; this is used on by some commercial door companies. I'm not sure if it will fit, though. This type of weather stripping will side down the edge of the door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)