Complete hardware package

A home owner from Fairborn, Ohio 45324 says:
Hello, I have a set of Leigh Full=Vu metal bi-fold doors at my furnace closet. The opening width is 42 3/8 inches. each panel of the door is
10 1/8 wide and each door total is 20 3/8 inches by 78 1/2 inches tall.

The doors appear to be in good condition but most of the hardware is either missing or broke. I would like to get a new set of hardware so I could take the doors down and clean the tracks and reinstall with new hardware.

I do not see a model number and I wonder if the hardware you have works with all the Leigh Full=Vu metal bi-fold doors. If not can I send certain information to find what I need. I would appreciate a parts number and price if you do have the complete hardware package for these doors. Thank you.

Jim V.
Fairborn, OH
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello Jim. Thank you for contacting us.

To get started, please take a look at the 21-049 Bifold Door Pivot. If this doesn't seem to be a match, you may upload photos of your bifold door pin so we can help you find a replacement.
A quick learner from Fairborn, Ohio 45324 says:
Not sure I understand you link or the parts shown. The link you sent looks like it goes to a set of doors to compare but really goes to the hardware. Is the Product Code: 21-049 the complete set of hardware 4 pins, springs, nut and other hardware shown for each door?

My hardware is not all there and some of it may be jury rigged although the 4 pins on one door looks like the pictures you link took me to. neither of the two lower pins had springs or spring clips on them but the none threaded pin had a hole for one . Both top pins did have springs and only one pin had a hole for a spring clip.

Can anyone give me detailed example of how the pins and springs are supposed to be installed? Any and all help will be appreciated. I'm attaching a photo of the pin set. If you are looking at the door I've labeled them upper left and right and lower left and right. Thank you.

Jim
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The link goes to one pin, the 21-049 Bifold Door Pivot; this is a complete set that includes all of the hardware shown in the image.

If you want to compare your original piece of hardware to other Leigh products we carry, you can take a look at the query results for "Leigh".

In the meantime we will research information on the installation of the Leigh products, and will post on the discussion board as soon as we have more information for you.
A home owner from Amherst,OH says:
replacing all hardware on a set of Leigh metal biford doors. The old hardware pins are 1/4 inch.
The stationary bottom pin is gone. The only bottom stationery pin I thought matched was 5/16 inch.How can I figure out which pin assemblies I need? I am limiting myself to those parts that have 'Leigh" in their heading. Are the parts interchangeable if the rod diameter is the same?
thanks,
Hank
Profile picture of Paul
The 21-049, 21-050 and the 21-051 all go together.
A quick learner from Fairborn, OH says:
My doors does not have the bumper but then it din't have all the other required parts. Is the bumper needed, and what does it do and which track the top or the bottom. I'm guessing the top. Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
The bumper is used at the top and bottom of the track to make the doors snug when closed.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.