Concave rollers

A quick learner from Denver CO says:
My top channel actually includes a top and bottom rail on which a 1" diameter plastic roller rolls. I was unable to remove the old broken rollers without breaking them. I see that I can purchase 1" concave rollers from you. But I can't figure out how to get them on as they ride on both rails. Is this hopeless? Could I substitute smaller diameter rollers that will only roll on the bottom rail? I would appreciate any help you can provide. Many thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you could have a universal type of screen door which is popularly sold at home centers. We do have a concave roller that is 1" in diameter, our 84-017. See if you can attach that to your door. You might want to send us some photos of your door and rollers for us to take a look at, though, so we can make a more confident suggestion.
A quick learner says:
Thank you for your reply. I believe a universal door will fit provided I can attach your top hung roller adapter unit equipped with 1" concave rollers. My concern, however, is how I get the rollers on. I will take pictures when I get home which may better illustrate the situation. I very much appreciate your help.
A quick learner says:
Attached is a photo looking up into the top channel. You can see the top rail and the bottom rail on which the concave roller rides. I have also included a photo of one of the old rollers, bent because that was the only way I could figure how to get it out. Any ideas on how I can install new top rollers into this unit?
User submitted photos of screen door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Normally on a hanging patio screen door. You angle the door as you slip the top into the top track and hook the wheels on to the track and swing the bottom onto the bottom track. However, we still cannot identify what you have based on this picture. Could you show us a picture of where the roller installs on the door?
How to install the 84-017 screen door roller assembly
How to install the 84-017 screen door roller assembly
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.