SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Confused about the installation

A home owner from Beverly Hills says:
Hello - I just received your 40-160 door lever and I am a bit confused as to one aspect of the installation. I am trying to secure the outside and inside pieces to each other. The lever was no problem, as I screwed from the inside to the outside and the screws fastened to the outside plate. The deadbolt component does not have any female threads on the outside plate like the lever does, so I'm not clear what the inside deadbolt fastens to. Also, I'm not clear what the hole in the bottom of the outside plate is for at the bottom. Could you clarify what that's for?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The 40-160 has threaded through-bolts for the upper portion of the outside escutcheon.
The lower part with deadbolt is made to screw directly into the door with the self-tapping screws provided.

For the exterior bottom hole use the (one) #8 x 1" Flat-head self-tapping screw;
for the interior deadbolt use the (two) #8 x 1-1/4" Pan-head self-tapping screws.
A home owner from Beverly Hills says:
Thank you for your response. Maybe my door is the problem then. There are already holes drilled through where the deadbolt screws would go, and screws easily slip through the existing holes. I didn't originally install the door, so I'm not sure why this is the case, but it looks like I may have to find an alternative solution.

Thanks again for clarifying, that makes more sense now.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)